(a) No statute of this state applying to insurance companies shall be applicable to any corporation organized under this article and amendments thereto or to any contract made by the corporation; except the corporation shall be subject to all of the following:
(1) The provisions regarding annual premium tax to be paid by insurers on insurance premiums.
(2) Chapter 55 of Title 27, regarding the prohibition of unfair discriminatory acts by insurers on the basis of an applicant's or insured's abuse status.
(3) The Medicare Supplement Minimum Standards set forth in Article 2 of Chapter 19 of Title 27, and Long-Term Care Insurance Policy Minimum Standards set forth in Article 3 of Chapter 19 of Title 27.
(4) Section 27-1-17, requiring insurers and health plans to pay health care providers in a timely manner.
(5) Chapter 56 of Title 27, regarding the Access to Eye Care Act.
(6) Rules promulgated by the Commissioner of Insurance pursuant to Sections 27-7-43 and 27-7-44.
(7) Chapter 54 of Title 27.
(8) Chapter 57 of Title 27, requiring coverage to be offered for the payment of colorectal cancer examinations for covered persons who are 50 years of age or older, or for covered persons who are less than 50 years of age and at high risk for colorectal cancer according to current American Cancer Society colorectal cancer screening guidelines.
(9) Chapter 58 of Title 27, requiring that policies and contracts including coverage for prostate cancer early detection be offered, together with identification of associated costs.
(10) Chapter 59 of Title 27, requiring that policies and contracts including coverage for chiropractic be offered, together with identification of associated costs.
(11) Chapter 54A of Title 27, requiring that policies and contracts to offer coverage for certain treatment for Autism Spectrum Disorder under certain conditions.
(12) Chapter 12A of Title 27.
(13) Chapter 2B of Title 27.
(b) The provisions in subsection (a) that require specific types of coverage to be offered or provided shall not apply when the corporation is administering a self-funded benefit plan or similar plan, fund, or program that it does not insure.