It shall be a violation of this article for any seller of vacation time-sharing plans to:
(1) Use any promotional device, including but not limited to sweepstakes, lodging certificates, gift awards, premiums, or discounts, without fully disclosing that such promotional devices are being used for the purpose of soliciting the sale of vacation time-sharing plans and without fully disclosing the fair market value of each award or prize offered and the approximate odds of receiving each award or prize offered.
(2) Use any promotional device as set forth above to obtain the names and addresses of prospective purchasers without fully and prominently disclosing that names and addresses so acquired will be used for the purpose of soliciting the sale of the vacation time-sharing plans.
(3) Misrepresent the amount of time or period of time the accommodations and facilities will be available to any purchaser.
(4) Misrepresent or deceptively represent the location of the offered accommodations and facilities.
(5) Misrepresent the size, nature, extent, qualities, or characteristics of the offered accommodations and facilities.
(6) Misrepresent the nature or extent of any services incident to the accommodations and facilities.
(7) Make any misleading or deceptive representations with respect to the contents of the contract or the buyer's rights, privileges, or benefits thereunder.
(8) Fail to honor and comply with all provisions of the contract with the purchaser.
(9) Misrepresent the conditions under which a customer may exchange his rights to an accommodation in one location for rights to an accommodation in another location.
(10) Include in any contract any provision purporting to waive any right or benefit provided for purchasers under this article, or to seek or solicit such a waiver.
(11) Do any other act which constitutes fraud, misrepresentation, or failure to make a disclosure of a material fact.
(12) Perform any act for which a vacation time-sharing license is required unless the seller is either exempted from the license requirement, a duly authorized and licensed qualifying broker, or a duly licensed seller acting under the sponsorship and supervision of a qualifying broker.
(13) Allow an unlicensed person who is engaged or employed by him or her or who is under his or her control or supervision to perform any act for which a time-sharing sales license is required.
(14) Present to the Alabama Real Estate Commission, as payment for a fee or fine, a check that is returned due to there being insufficient funds in the account upon which it was drawn or due to such account being closed or not in existence.