(a) The board shall conduct adjudicatory proceedings for any violation of this article in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act. Adjudicatory proceedings shall include, but not be limited to, all of the following due process protections:
(1) Before censuring, suspending, or revoking registration under this article, the board shall notify the registrant in writing of any charges at least 20 days before the date set for hearing and shall afford the registrant an opportunity to be heard in person or by counsel.
(2) The written notice shall be served by certified mail, return receipt requested, to the principal contact at the address of the registrant on file with the board.
(3) The hearing on the charges shall be at a time and place prescribed by the board, in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act.
(4) The hearing may be conducted before a hearing officer designated by the board who shall make findings of fact, conclusions of law, and enter an adjudicatory disposition.
(5) The board shall deliver or mail any findings of fact, conclusions of law, and adjudicatory dispositions to the registrant.
(b) Nothing in this section shall prevent the resolution of a pending matter through an alternative dispute resolution process or informal settlement process adopted by the board.