(a) A corporation may elect to withhold payment required by Section 10A-2A-13.24 from any stockholder who was required to, but did not certify that beneficial ownership of all of the stockholder's stock for which appraisal rights are asserted was acquired before the date set forth in the appraisal notice sent pursuant to Section 10A-2A-13.22(b)(1).
(b) If the corporation elects to withhold payment under subsection (a), it shall, within 30 days after the form required by Section 10A-2A-13.22(b)(2)(ii) is due, notify all stockholders who are described in subsection (a):
(1) of the information required by Section 10A-2A-13.24(b)(1);
(2) of the corporation's estimate of fair value pursuant to Section 10A-2A-13.24(b)(2);
(3) that they may accept the corporation's estimate of fair value, plus interest, in full satisfaction of their demands or demand appraisal under Section 10A-2A-13.26;
(4) that those stockholders who wish to accept the offer shall so notify the corporation of their acceptance of the corporation's offer within 30 days after receiving the offer; and
(5) that those stockholders who do not satisfy the requirements for demanding appraisal under Section 10A-2A-13.26 shall be deemed to have accepted the corporation's offer.
(c) Within 10 days after receiving the stockholder's acceptance pursuant to subsection (b)(4), the corporation shall pay in cash the amount it offered under subsection (b)(2) plus interest to each stockholder who agreed to accept the corporation's offer in full satisfaction of the stockholder's demand.
(d) Within 40 days after delivering the notice described in subsection (b), the corporation shall pay in cash the amount it offered to pay under subsection (b)(2) plus interest to each stockholder described in subsection (b)(5).