This article shall not apply to purchases of metal property from any of the following:
(1) A law enforcement officer acting in an official capacity unless the law enforcement officer is investigating a compliance issue pursuant to this article or is presenting metal property for sale.
(2) A trustee in bankruptcy, executor, administrator, or receiver who has presented proof of such status to the secondary metals recycler.
(3) Any public official acting under a court order who has presented proof of such status to the secondary metals recycler.
(4) A sale or the execution, or by virtue, of any process issued by a court if proof thereof has been presented to the secondary metals recycler.
(5) A manufacturing, industrial, or other commercial vendor that generates or sells regulated metal property in the ordinary course of its business.
(6) A municipal, county, state, federal, or other governmental entity.
(7) A utility company.
(8) A funeral home or the owner or operator of a cemetery.