Section 17-13-46

Notice by governing body of political party of desire to enter primary.

When the governing body of any political party desires to enter the primary election ordered to be held under this chapter, the governing body for the state shall give public notice thereof by filing a copy of the resolution of such governing body with the Secretary of State of Alabama. Such notice may be given to the Secretary of State by the chair of the county executive committee where the primary election affects only one county, and a copy of such notice shall be filed with the judge of probate of such county.

(Acts 1975, No. 1196, p. 2349, §12; §17-16-13; amended and renumbered by Act 2006-570, p. 1331, §61.)