For the purpose of this article, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings indicated, unless the context clearly indicates a different meaning:
(1) COMMISSIONER. The Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries of the State of Alabama.
(2) PERSON. Any individual, partnership, corporation, or association, whether or not incorporated.
(3) FOOD FATS. Edible, natural fats derived from vegetable or animal sources or a combination thereof, including only such milk fat as is normally contained in products enumerated in subdivision (4) of this section. Food fats as defined in this subdivision may contain harmless optional ingredients in an amount not exceeding .005 percent of the weight of the fat used to prevent fat oxidation.
(4) MILK SOLIDS NOT FAT. Any skim milk, concentrated (evaporated or condensed) skim milk, superheated condensed skim milk, sweetened condensed skim milk, nonfat dry milk solids, edible dry whey, cheese whey, sweet cream buttermilk (whether fluid, condensed, or dried), and any of the foregoing products from which all or a portion of the lactose has been removed after crystallization or the lactose has been converted to simple sugars by hydrolysis.
(5) SUGAR OR OTHER SWEETENERS. Any sugar, liquid sugar, dextrose, invert sugar (paste or syrup), lactose, corn sugar, dried or liquid corn syrup, maple syrup, maple sugar, honey, brown sugar, malt syrup, dried malt extract, or molasses (other than blackstrap).
a. Natural food flavoring;
b. Artificial food flavoring;
c. Fruit juice, which may be fresh, frozen, canned, concentrated, or dried and which may be sweetened or thickened with one or more of the optional stabilizing ingredients specified in subdivision (8) of this section;
f. Fruit which may be fresh, frozen, canned, concentrated, shredded, pureed, comminuted, or dried and which may be sweetened, thickened with stabilizer and may be acidulated with citric, tartaric, malic, lactic, or ascorbic acid;
g. Nut meats; or
(7) EGG INGREDIENTS. Any liquid eggs, frozen eggs, whole egg solids (dried eggs), egg yolks, frozen yolks, or egg yolk solids (dried egg yolks).
(8) STABILIZING AND EMULSIFYING INGREDIENTS. Any gelatins, algin, extract of Irish moss, psyllium seed husk, agar, gum accacia, gum karaya, locust bean gum, gum tragacanth, cellulose gum, guar seed gum, monoglycerides or diglycerides or both of fat-forming fatty acids or other harmless stabilizers or emulsifiers.
(9) U.S.P. UNITS. Such values as are recognized by the United States pharmacopoeia.