Section 26-5-7

Final settlement generally - When required.

On the death, resignation, or removal of the conservator or on the expiration of his or her authority otherwise or on the arrival of the ward at full age or on termination of the ward's incapacity or on his or her death or on the marriage of the ward, if 18 years of age or older or upon the ward becoming 18 years of age after marriage or after becoming a widow or widower, a final settlement of the conservatorship must be made, such settlement in the event of the death of the conservator to be made by his or her personal representative.

(Code 1886, §2459; Code 1896, §2344; Code 1907, §4434; Code 1923, §8207; Code 1940, T. 21, §134; Acts 1951, No. 31, p. 241; Acts 1987, No. 87-590, p. 975, §2-333(b).)