(a) The Board of Pharmacy may establish by rule protocols allowing a pharmacy in possession of a current retail pharmacy permit to repackage, relabel, and store any non-controlled legend drug for a patient residing in a residential care facility which does not have a pharmacy located on the premises.
(b) For purposes of this section, a residential care facility means any of the following:
(1) A convalescent home.
(2) A nursing home.
(3) An extended care facility.
(4) A mental health or psychiatric facility.
(5) A rehabilitation facility.
(6) A developmental disability center.
(7) An assisted living facility.
(8) A speciality care assisted living facility.