For the purposes of this chapter, the following terms shall have the following respective meanings ascribed by this section:
(1) BOARD. The Polygraph Examiners Board.
(2) CHAIRMAN. That member of the Polygraph Examiners Board selected by the board to act as chairman.
(3) INTERNSHIP. The study of polygraph examinations and of the administration of polygraph examinations by a trainee under the personal supervision and control of a polygraph examiner in accordance with a course of study prescribed by the board at the commencement of such internship.
(4) PERSON. Any natural person, firm, association, copartnership, or corporation.
(5) POLYGRAPH EXAMINER. Any person who uses instrumentation described herein to test or question individuals for the purpose of detecting deception or verifying truth of statements, or any person who holds himself out to be a lie detector operator or examiner, or any person who purports to be able to detect deception or verify truth of statements through instrumentation or the use of a mechanical device.