For the purposes of this chapter, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings respectively ascribed by this section:
(1) AUCTIONEER. Any person who has graduated from an accredited auction school and has one year's experience as an apprentice auctioneer or has two years' experience as an apprentice auctioneer in bid calling, for a fee, commission or any other valuable consideration, or with the intention or expectation of receiving the same, by the means of or process of an auction or sale at auction, offers, negotiates, or attempts to negotiate a listing contract, sale, purchase, or exchange of goods, chattels, merchandise, real or personal property or of any other commodity which may lawfully be kept or offered for sale by or at public auction.
(2) BOARD. The State Board of Auctioneers.
(3) APPRENTICE AUCTIONEER. Any person who for compensation or valuable consideration or otherwise is employed, directly or indirectly, by an auctioneer to deal or engage in any activity listed in subdivision (1) of this section.
(4) GOODS. Any chattels, goods, merchandise, real or personal property or commodities of any form or type which may lawfully be kept or offered for sale.
(5) PERSONS. Individuals, associations, partnerships, and corporations, and the word "persons" shall also include the officers, directors, and employees of a corporation.
(6) AUCTION BUSINESS or BUSINESS OF AUCTIONEERING. The performing of any of the acts of an auctioneer or apprentice auctioneer as defined in this section.