There are specifically excluded from the gross receipts or gross sales of a utility, all revenues derived from any of the following:
(1) The furnishing of utility services which the State of Alabama is prohibited from taxing under the Constitution or laws of the United States of America or the Constitution of the State of Alabama.
(2) The furnishing of utility services which are otherwise taxed under Sections 40-23-1 to 40-23-36, inclusive.
(3) Wholesale sales.
(4) The furnishing of electricity, natural gas, or domestic water for use or consumption by, in, or for the direct production, generation, processing, storage, delivery, or transmission of electricity, natural gas, or domestic water.
(5) The furnishing of electricity to a manufacturer or compounder for use in an electrolytic or electrothermal manufacturing or compounding process.
(6) The furnishing of natural gas to a manufacturer or compounder as a chemical raw material in the manufacturing or compounding of tangible personal property, but not as fuel or energy.
(7) The furnishing of natural gas to be used by a manufacturer or compounder to chemically convert raw materials prior to the use of the converted raw materials in an electrolytic or electrothermal manufacturing or compounding process.
(8) The use or consumption of electricity by an incorporated municipality, a board, or corporation organized under the authority of any incorporated municipality in furnishing or providing street lighting or traffic-control systems; the use or consumption of telephone services by an incorporated municipality in providing fire alarm systems; and the use or consumption of domestic water by an incorporated municipality in extinguishing fires, explosions, or conflagrations.
(9) The furnishing of natural gas or electricity for use or consumption as fuel or energy in and for the heating of poultry houses.
(10) The furnishing of utility services through the use of a prepaid telephone calling card.