As used in this article, the following words shall have the meaning stated below, unless the context clearly requires otherwise:
(1) BOARD. The State Board of Agriculture and Industries.
(2) COMMISSIONER. The Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries or his designated representative.
(3) CULTIVATED GINSENG. Ginseng that has been planted and cultivated by standard horticultural practices.
(4) DEPARTMENT. The Department of Agriculture and Industries.
(5) EXPORT. To transport, deliver or cause to be transported or delivered to any person or place for the purpose of transportation from any place in this state to any place outside this state.
(6) GINSENG. The plant Panax quinquefolius L., including cuttings, roots, fruits, seed, propagules or any other portion thereof.
(7) GINSENG COLLECTOR. Any person who intentionally removes wild ginseng from the location in which the plant grew for the purpose of sale, resale or export.
(8) GINSENG DEALER. Any person who collects or purchases ginseng for the purpose of reselling, selling, manufacturing or exporting same.
(9) COLLECT. To dig, cut or otherwise remove any ginseng from the location where it grew for the specific purpose of export.
(10) GINSENG GROWER. Any person who grows cultivated ginseng as a commercial crop.
(11) PERSON. Any individual, corporation, company, society, association or other business entity.
(12) PURCHASE. To acquire, obtain or receive or to attempt to acquire, obtain or receive by exchange of money or other valuable consideration and specifically includes barter or exchange.
(13) SELL. Dispose of, transfer or convey or attempt to dispose of, transfer or convey by exchange of money or other valuable consideration and specifically includes barter or exchange.
(14) WILD GINSENG. Ginseng in, or collected from its native habitat, notwithstanding whether the ginseng occurs naturally from that habitat or was introduced or increased in abundance by the actions of humans, including, but not limited to, sowing ginseng seed or by transplanting ginseng plants from other areas.
(15) GREEN GINSENG. Ginseng roots retaining moisture, not dried.
(16) DRIED GINSENG. Ginseng roots that have been dried to remove moisture.