(a) Each filing entity and each foreign filing entity with a registration under Article 7, and each general partnership that has an effective statement of partnership, statement of not for profit partnership, or statement of limited liability partnership on file with the Secretary of State in accordance with Chapter 8A, shall designate and continuously maintain in this state:
(1) a registered agent; and
(2) a registered office.
(b) A registered agent:
(1) is an agent of the entity on which may be served any process, notice, or demand required or permitted by law to be served on the entity;
(2) may be:
(A) an individual who is a resident of this state; or
(B) a domestic entity or a foreign entity that is registered to transact business in this state; and
(3) must maintain a business office at the same address as the entity's registered office.
(c) The registered office:
(1) must be located at a street address where process may be personally served on the entity's registered agent;
(2) is not required to be a place of business of the filing entity or foreign filing entity; and
(3) may not be solely a mailbox service or a telephone answering service.