(a) A registered agent of any entity required by Section 10A-1-5.31 to designate and maintain a registered agent or registered office may resign as the registered agent by giving notice to that entity and to the Secretary of State.
(b) Notice to the entity must be given to the entity at the address of the entity most recently known by the agent.
(c) Notice to the Secretary of State must be given before the 11th day after the date notice under subsection (b) is mailed or delivered and must include:
(1) the address of the entity most recently known by the agent;
(2) a statement that written notice of the resignation has been given to the entity; and
(3) the date on which that written notice of resignation was given.
(d) On compliance with subsections (b) and (c), the appointment of the registered agent terminates. The termination is effective on the 31st day after the date the Secretary of State receives the notice.
(e) If the Secretary of State finds that a notice of resignation received by the filing officer conforms to subsections (b) and (c), the Secretary of State shall:
(1) notify the entity of the registered agent's resignation; and
(2) file the resignation in accordance with Article 4, except that a fee is not required to file the resignation.