In this division:
(1) "Delegate" means a person who is serving or who has served as a representative of an enterprise at the request of that enterprise at another enterprise. A person is a delegate to an employee benefit plan if the performance of the person's official duties to the enterprise also imposes duties on or otherwise involves service by the person to the plan or participants in or beneficiaries of the plan.
(2) "Enterprise" means a domestic entity or an organization subject to this article, including a predecessor domestic entity or organization.
(3) "Expenses" includes court costs and attorney's fees. The term does not include a judgment, a penalty, a settlement, a fine, or an excise or similar tax or an excise tax assessed against the person regarding an employee benefit plan.
(4) "Former governing person" means a person who was a governing person of an enterprise.
(5) "Official capacity" means:
(A) with respect to a governing person, the office of the governing person in the enterprise or the exercise of authority by or on behalf of the governing person under this title or the governing documents of the enterprise; and
(B) with respect to a person other than a governing person, the elective or appointive office, if any, in the enterprise held by the person or the relationship undertaken by the person on behalf of the enterprise.
(6) "Predecessor enterprise" means a sole proprietorship or organization that is a predecessor to an enterprise in:
(A) a merger, conversion, consolidation, or other transaction in which the liabilities of the predecessor enterprise are transferred or allocated to the enterprise by operation of law; or
(B) any other transaction in which the enterprise assumes the liabilities of the predecessor enterprise and the liabilities that are the subject matter of this chapter are not specifically excluded.
(7) "Proceeding" means:
(A) a threatened, pending, or completed action or other proceeding, whether civil, criminal, administrative, arbitrative, or investigative and whether formal or informal;
(B) an appeal of an action or proceeding described by paragraph (A); and
(C) an inquiry or investigation that could lead to an action or proceeding described by paragraph (A).
(8) "Representative" means a person serving as a partner, director, officer, venturer, proprietor, trustee, employee, or agent of an enterprise or serving a similar function for an enterprise.
(9) "Respondent" means a person named as a respondent or defendant in a proceeding.