(1) "Corporate action" means the filing of articles of merger or share exchange by the judge of probate or Secretary of State, or other action giving legal effect to a transaction that is the subject of dissenters' rights.
(2) "Corporation" means the issuer of shares held by a dissenter before the corporate action, or the surviving or acquiring corporation by merger or share exchange of that issuer.
(3) "Dissenter" means a shareholder who is entitled to dissent from corporate action under Section 10A-2-13.02 and who exercises that right when and in the manner required by Sections 10A-2-13.20 through 10A-2-13.28.
(4) "Fair Value," with respect to a dissenter's shares, means the value of the shares immediately before the effectuation of the corporate action to which the dissenter objects, excluding any appreciation or depreciation in anticipation of the corporate action unless exclusion would be inequitable.
(5) "Interest" means interest from the effective date of the corporate action until the date of payment, at the average rate currently paid by the corporation on its principal bank loans, or, if none, at a rate that is fair and equitable under all circumstances.
(6) "Record shareholder" means the person in whose name shares are registered in the records of a corporation or the beneficial owner of shares to the extent of the rights granted by a nominee certificate on file with a corporation.
(7) "Beneficial shareholder" means the person who is a beneficial owner of shares held in a voting trust or by a nominee as the record shareholder.
(8) "Shareholder" means the record shareholder or the beneficial shareholder.