(a) A dissolved corporation continues its corporate existence but may not carry on any business except that appropriate to wind up and liquidate its business and affairs, including:
(1) Collecting its assets;
(2) Disposing of its properties that will not be distributed in kind to its shareholders;
(3) Discharging or making provision for discharging its liabilities;
(4) Distributing its remaining property among its shareholders according to their interests; and
(5) Doing every other act necessary to wind up and liquidate its business and affairs.
(b) Dissolution of a corporation does not:
(1) Alter the limited liability status of its subscribers and shareholders under Section 10A-2-6.22, except as provided in Section 10A-1-9.22(d)(2) with respect to assets distributed to a shareholder in liquidation;
(2) Transfer title to the corporation's property;
(3) Prevent transfer of its shares or securities, although the authorization to dissolve may provide for closing the corporation's share transfer records;
(4) Subject its directors or officers to standards of conduct different from those prescribed in Article 8;
(5) Change quorum or voting requirements for its board of directors or shareholders; change provisions for selection, resignation, or removal of its directors or officers or both; or change provisions for amending its bylaws;
(6) Prevent commencement of a proceeding by or against the corporation in its corporate name;
(7) Abate or suspend a proceeding pending by or against the corporation on the effective date of dissolution;
(8) Terminate the authority of the registered agent of the corporation; or
(9) Result in the corporation's name becoming available for use by another entity under Section 10A-1-5.03 until the time for revocation of dissolution has elapsed or, in the case of a corporation administratively dissolved under Section 10A-2-14.21, the time for filing an application for reinstatement has elapsed without the filing of an application, or, if an application is filed, until its final adjudication, including all appeals.