(a) Each domestic corporation, and each foreign corporation authorized to transact business in this state, shall deliver to the Secretary of State for filing an annual report that sets forth:
(1) The name of the corporation and the state or other jurisdiction under whose law it is incorporated;
(2) The address of its registered office and the name of its registered agent at that office in this state;
(3) The address of its principal office including, in the case of a foreign corporation, the address of its principal office in the state or other jurisdiction under whose law it is incorporated;
(4) The names and respective addresses of its president and secretary; and
(5) A brief statement of the character of business in which it is actually engaged in this state.
(b) Information in the annual report must be current as of the date the annual report is executed on behalf of the corporation.
(c) The first annual report must be delivered to the Secretary of State between January 1 and March 15 of the year following the calendar year in which a domestic corporation was incorporated or a foreign corporation was authorized to transact business. Subsequent annual reports must be delivered to the Secretary of State between January 1 and March 15 of the following calendar years.
(d) If an annual report does not contain the information required by this section, the Secretary of State shall promptly notify the reporting domestic or foreign corporation in writing and return the report to it for correction. If the report is corrected to contain the information required by this section and delivered to the Secretary of State within 30 days after the effective date of notice, it is deemed to be timely filed.
(e) The public record information filed with the Department of Revenue, pursuant to Chapter 14A of Title 40 shall constitute and be accepted in lieu of the annual report required pursuant to this section, provided that a ten dollar ($10) fee for the State of Alabama accompany the public record information filed by the corporation annually with the Department of Revenue. The fee for the annual report shall be deposited in the State Treasury to the credit of the Secretary of State Entity Fund as prescribed by Section 10A-1-4.31.