As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the following meanings, respectively, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION. The original or restated articles of incorporation or articles of consolidation and all amendments thereto, including articles of merger, of a domestic or foreign nonprofit corporation. The term articles of incorporation of a nonprofit corporation constitutes its certificate of formation as defined in Chapter 1. The terms may be used interchangeably. The articles of incorporation or certificate of formation of a nonprofit corporation, together with its bylaws, constitute its governing documents as described in Chapter 1.
(2) BOARD OF DIRECTORS. The group of persons vested with the management of the affairs of the corporation irrespective of the name by which the group is designated. The board of directors of a nonprofit corporation is its governing authority as that term is defined in Chapter 1, unless the certificate of formation provides otherwise as provided in Section 10A-3-2.08.
(3) BYLAWS. The code or codes of rules adopted for the regulation or management of the affairs of the corporation irrespective of the name or names by which the rules are designated. The bylaws of a nonprofit corporation, together with its articles of incorporation or certificate of formation, constitute the nonprofit corporation's governing documents as described in Chapter 1.
(4) ELECTRONIC MAIL means an electronic transmission directed to a unique electronic mail address.
(5) ELECTRONIC MAIL ADDRESS means a destination, commonly expressed as a string of characters, consisting of a unique user name or mailbox (commonly referred to as the "local part" of the address) and a reference to an internet domain (commonly referred to as the "domain part" of the address), whether or not displayed, to which electronic mail can be sent or delivered.
(6) FOREIGN NONPROFIT CORPORATION. A nonprofit corporation organized under laws other than the laws of Alabama.
(7) MEMBER. One having membership rights in a corporation in accordance with the provisions of its governing documents. A member may be a natural person, a partnership, a professional association or professional corporation, a corporation for profit or a nonprofit corporation.
(8) NONPROFIT CORPORATION. A nonprofit corporation no part of the income or profit of which is distributable to its members, directors, or officers.
(9) NONPROFIT CORPORATION or DOMESTIC NONPROFIT CORPORATION. A nonprofit corporation subject to the provisions of this chapter, except a foreign nonprofit corporation.
(10) VERIFIED. Supported by an affidavit or oath confirming the correctness, truth, or authenticity of the matter set forth therein.