As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires, the term:
(1) DISQUALIFIED PERSON. Any person who is not a qualified person.
(2) DOMESTIC PROFESSIONAL CORPORATION. A corporation for profit or nonprofit organized pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
(3) FOREIGN PROFESSIONAL CORPORATION. A corporation or unincorporated association, for profit or nonprofit, organized for the purpose of rendering professional services under a law other than the law of Alabama.
(4) LICENSING AUTHORITY. As defined in Section 10A-1-1.03(49).
(5) PROFESSIONAL SERVICE. As defined in Section 10A-1-1.03(80).
(6) QUALIFIED PERSON. With respect to any domestic professional corporation:
a. An individual who is authorized by law of Alabama or of any qualified state to render a professional service permitted by the certificate of formation of the professional corporation;
b. A general partnership in which all the partners are qualified persons with respect to the professional corporation; and
c. A professional corporation, domestic or foreign, in which all the shareholders are qualified persons with respect to the professional corporation.
d. A limited liability company in which all the members are qualified persons with respect to the professional corporation.
"Qualified person" does not include any person during any period in which the person's authorization to render professional services has been completely terminated or suspended.
(7) QUALIFIED STATE. Any state, other than Alabama, or territory of the United States or the District of Columbia which allows individuals authorized to render professional services in Alabama and not in the other state, or partnerships of the individuals, or domestic professional corporations or professional associations owned by the individuals to own shares of professional corporations or to be members of professional associations organized under its laws.