(a) Each limited liability company shall keep at its registered office or principal place of business in this state the following records:
(1) A current list of the full name and last known business or residence street address of each member, and each manager, if any.
(2) A copy of the filed certificate of formation and all amendments thereto, together with executed copies of any powers of attorney pursuant to which any documents have been executed.
(3) Copies of the limited liability company's federal, state, and local income tax returns and reports, if any, for the three most recent years.
(4) Copies of any then effective operating agreements including any amendments thereto.
(5) Copies of any financial statements of the limited liability company for the three most recent years.
(b) Those records, and any other books and records of the limited liability company, wherever situated, are subject to inspection and copying for any proper purpose at the reasonable request, and at the expense of, any member or manager or the member's or manager's agent or attorney during regular business hours as provided in Sections 10A-1-3.32 and 10A-1-3.33. Any agent, member, or manager of a limited liability company who, without reasonable cause, refuses to allow any member or the member's agent or attorney to inspect or copy any books or records of the limited liability company for any proper purpose shall be personally liable to the member for a penalty in an amount not to exceed 10 percent of the fair market value of the membership interest of the member, in addition to any other damages or remedy.