Notwithstanding Sections 10A-1-3.32 and 10A-1-3.33:
(a) Each limited liability company shall maintain the following records:
(1) A current list of the full name and last known business or residence street address of each member.
(2) A copy of the filed certificate of formation and all amendments thereto, together with executed copies of any powers of attorney pursuant to which any documents have been executed.
(3) Copies of the limited liability company's federal, state, and local income tax returns and reports, if any, for the three most recent years.
(4) Copies of the then effective limited liability company agreement including any amendments thereto.
(5) Copies of any financial statements of the limited liability company for the three most recent years.
(b) Subject to subsection (g), on 10 days' notice made in a writing received by the limited liability company, the records set forth in subsection (a) above, and any other books and records of the limited liability company, wherever situated, are subject to inspection and copying for any proper purpose by any member or the member's agent or attorney during regular business hours. Subject to subsection (g), any person with the authority to bind the limited liability company under Section 10A-5A-3.02 and any person with the authority to direct and oversee the activities and affairs of a limited liability company who, without reasonable cause, refuses to allow any member or the member's agent or attorney to inspect or copy any books or records of the limited liability company for any proper purpose shall be personally liable to the member for a penalty in an amount not to exceed 10 percent of the fair market value of the transferable interest of the member, in addition to any other damages or remedy.
(c) Subject to subsection (g), on 30 days' notice made in a writing received by a limited liability company, a dissociated member may inspect and copy, during regular business hours, at a reasonable location specified by the limited liability company, any record maintained by the limited liability company, to the extent the information pertains to the period during which the person was a member, was material to the person's rights and duties under the limited liability company agreement or this chapter when the person was a member, and the person seeks the information in good faith and for a proper purpose.
(d) A limited liability company may charge a person that makes a demand under this section the reasonable costs of labor and material for copying.
(e) A member or dissociated member may exercise rights under this section through an agent or attorney, or in the case of an individual under legal disability, a legal representative. Any restriction or condition imposed by the limited liability company agreement or under subsection (g) applies both to the agent, attorney, or legal representative and to the member or dissociated member.
(f) The rights under this section do not extend to a transferee.
(g) In addition to any restriction or condition stated in its limited liability company agreement, a limited liability company, as a matter within the ordinary course of its activities and affairs, may:
(1) impose reasonable restrictions and conditions on access to and use of information to be furnished under this section, including designating information confidential and imposing nondisclosure and safeguarding obligations on the recipient; and
(2) keep confidential from the members and any other persons, for such period of time as the limited liability company deems reasonable, any information that the limited liability company reasonably believes to be in the nature of trade secrets or other information the disclosure of which the limited liability company in good faith believes is not in the best interest of the limited liability company or could damage the limited liability company or its activities and affairs, or that the limited liability company is required by law or by agreement with a third party to keep confidential.