In this chapter:
(1) "Business" includes every trade, occupation, and profession.
(2) "Foreign registered limited liability partnership" means a partnership formed pursuant to a partnership agreement governed by the laws of any state or jurisdiction other than this state and registered as a registered limited liability partnership or a limited liability partnership or a partnership in which no partner is personally liable for the partnership's debts, obligations, or liabilities, under the laws of the state or jurisdiction.
(3) "Partnership" means an association of two or more persons to carry on as co-owners a business for profit formed under Section 10A-8-2.02, predecessor law, or comparable law of another jurisdiction, and includes, for all purposes of the laws of this state, a registered limited liability partnership.
(4) "Partnership at will" means a partnership in which the partners have not agreed to remain partners until the expiration of a definite term or the completion of a particular undertaking.
(5) "Partnership interest" or "partner's interest in the partnership" means all of a partner's interests in the partnership, including the partner's transferable interest and all management and other rights.
(6) "Qualified Foreign Registered Limited Liability Partnership" means a foreign registered limited liability partnership registered under Section 10A-8-10.06.
(7) "Registered limited liability partnership" means a partnership formed pursuant to a partnership agreement governed by the laws of this state, registered under Section 10A-8-10.01.
(8) "Statement" means a statement of partnership authority under Section 10A-8-3.03, a statement of denial under Section 10A-8-3.04, a statement of dissociation under Section 10A-8-7.04, a statement of dissolution under Section 10A-8-8.05, a registration as a registered limited liability partnership, or an annual notice thereof, under Section 10A-8-10.01, a registration as a qualified foreign registered limited liability partnership, or an annual notice thereof, under Section 10A-8-10.06, a statement of cancellation as a registered limited liability partnership under Section 10A-8-10.05, a statement of cancellation as a qualified registered limited liability partnership under Section 10A-8-10.07, or an amendment or cancellation of any of the foregoing.
(9) "Transfer" includes an assignment, conveyance, lease, mortgage, deed, and encumbrance.