(a) A registered limited liability partnership registered under this chapter may cancel its registration by filing with the judge of probate in the county in which the registration was filed and with the Secretary of State a statement of cancellation of registration as a registered limited liability partnership, which shall set forth:
(1) The name of the registered limited liability partnership;
(2) The date and place of filing of the initial registration;
(3) The reason for filing the statement of cancellation of registration;
(4) The effective date, which shall be a date certain, of cancellation of registration if it is not to be effective on the filing of the statement of cancellation, provided that any effective date other than the date of filing of the statement of cancellation must be a date subsequent to the filing; and
(5) Any other information the partners determine to include therein.
(b) The filing of a statement of cancellation of registration by or on behalf of a partnership pursuant to this section shall be effective only to cancel the partnership's registration as a registered limited liability partnership, and shall not, unless specifically so provided, indicate the dissolution of the partnership.