(a) The initial limited partner or limited partners of a limited partnership are admitted as a limited partner or limited partners upon the formation of the limited partnership.
(b) After formation, a person is admitted as a limited partner of the limited partnership:
(1) as provided in the partnership agreement;
(2) as the result of a transaction effective under Article 10 of this chapter or Article 8 of Chapter 1;
(3) with the consent of all the partners; or
(4) as provided in Section 10A-9A-8.01(d) or (e).
(c) A person may be admitted as a limited partner without:
(1) acquiring a transferable interest; or
(2) making or being obligated to make a contribution to the limited partnership.