Section 11-1-6

Transfer of money erroneously paid into county treasury, etc., to State Treasury.

Whenever any money to which the state is entitled and which should be paid into the State Treasury is erroneously or wrongfully paid into the county treasury to the credit of any fund therein or whenever any money from any source is in the county treasury and belongs to the state, the county commission in such county shall draw a warrant in favor of the person whose duty it is to collect and pay said money into the State Treasury, and it shall be the duty of the person in whose favor the warrant is drawn to collect said money and pay it into the State Treasury as in other cases.

(Code 1907, §122; Code 1923, §180; Code 1940, T. 12, §2.)