As used in this chapter, the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings respectively ascribed to them unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) BONDS. Either general obligation bonds, limited obligation, or revenue bonds, or a combination thereof, issued after the effective date of this act by a city, county, or entities or authorities thereof in connection with the financing, in whole or in part, of eligible facilities. The term "bonds" shall also refer to any bonds, warrants, or other certificates of indebtedness authorized under the laws of the State of Alabama.
(2) CITY. Any city in this state.
(3) COUNTY. Any county in this state.
(4) AUTHORITY. Any authority created pursuant to Act No. 547, H. 1176, 1965 Regular Session.
(5) DELEGATE. A person attending a national or regional convention or meeting in this state.
(6) ELIGIBLE FACILITIES. Any convention facilities owned by a city, county, or entities or authorities thereof in which the bonds for the facilities are issued after the effective date hereof, or such facilities for which the construction, or substantial expansion, reconstruction, or renovation is completed after May 11, 1989.
(7) ESTIMATED INVESTMENT MULTIPLIER. The number of times initial expenditures by delegates will be respent on additional goods and services in this state, as determined in Section 11-100-4(h).
(8) NATIONAL OR REGIONAL MEETING. A meeting, convention, show, or other function which is intended primarily for delegates from outside the state. For a meeting to qualify as a regional or national meeting, it must meet the criteria as determined for regional or national meetings by the International Association of Convention and Visitor Bureaus or as set by the State Director of Finance.
(9) REVENUE BONDS. Bonds issued by a city, county or authority which are limited or special, rather than general obligations of the issuer and which are not payable from the proceeds of an ad valorem tax.
(10) STATE ASSISTANCE PAYMENTS. Payments to a city, county or entities or authorities thereof, under this chapter.
(11) CONVENTION FACILITIES. Any property, real, personal or mixed, which is necessary or desirable in connection with a convention or meeting center, or similar facility, including without limitation, auditoriums, exhibition halls, facilities for food preparation and serving, parking facilities, and administrative offices in connection therewith.
(12) STATE LODGING TAX or STATE TRANSIENT OCCUPANCY TAX. The tax levied and collected pursuant to Section 40-26-1.