The county commission in each county of this state is hereby authorized and may adopt zoning ordinances and building codes for flood-prone areas which lie outside the corporate limits of any municipality in the county.
Each such county commission shall have broad authority to:
(1) Establish or cause to be established comprehensive land-use and control measures which shall specifically include the control and development of subdivisions in flood-prone areas;
(2) Establish or cause to be established building codes and health regulations incorporating such minimum standards as shall be necessary to reduce flood damage in flood-prone areas;
(3) Provide such standards of occupancy for the prudent use of flood-prone areas in the county;
(4) Provide for the preparation of maps clearly delineating flood-prone areas and floodways in the county and to keep the same for public inspection;
(5) Make such studies as may be necessary to carry out the purposes of this chapter;
(6) Employ such technical and/or advisory personnel, including the establishment of a county planning commission, as is deemed necessary or expedient; and
(7) Adopt ordinances for the enforcement of all such regulations.