Land-use and control measures shall provide land-use restrictions based on probable exposure to flooding. Measures specified in this section shall:
(1) Prohibit inappropriate new construction or substantial improvements in the flood-prone areas;
(2) Control land uses and elevations of all new construction within the flood-prone area;
(3) For coastal flood-prone areas prescribed land uses and minimum elevations of the first floors of buildings and include consideration of the need for bulkheads, seawalls, and pilings;
(4) Be based on competent evaluation of the flood hazard as revealed by current authoritative flood-prone information;
(5) Be consistent with existing flood-prone management programs affecting adjacent areas and applicable to appropriate state standards; and
(6) Prescribe such additional standards as may be necessary to comply with federal requirements for making flood insurance coverage under the National Flood Insurance Act of 1968 available in this state.