When used in this article, unless the context plainly indicates otherwise, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings respectively ascribed to them by this section:
(1) APPLICANT. An individual who files a written application with the governing body of any county or municipality in accordance with Section 11-47-214.
(2) AUTHORITY. A public corporation organized under this article for the purposes, with the powers, and subject to the restrictions set forth in this article.
(3) AUTHORIZING COUNTY. With respect to an authority, any county which has a governing body that has made findings and determinations of facts pertaining to the organization of the authority in accordance with Section 11-47-214.
(4) AUTHORIZING MUNICIPALITY. With respect to an authority, any municipality which has a governing body that has made findings and determinations of facts pertaining to the organization of the authority in accordance with Section 11-47-214.
(5) AUTHORIZING RESOLUTION. A resolution or ordinance adopted by the governing body of any county or municipality in accordance with Section 11-47-214 to authorize the incorporation of an authority.
(6) AUTHORIZING SUBDIVISION. With respect to an authority, any authorizing county or authorizing municipality.
(7) BOARD. The board of directors of the authority.
(8) BONDS. Bonds, notes, or other obligations representing an obligation to pay money.
(9) COUNTY. Any county in the state.
(10) DIRECTOR. A member of the board of directors of the authority.
(11) GOVERNING BODY. With respect to a municipality, its city or town council, board of commissioners, or other comparable governing body exercising the legislative functions of a municipality and with respect to a county, its county commission, or other comparable governing body exercising the legislative functions of a county.
(12) INCORPORATORS. The individuals forming a public corporation pursuant to this article.
(13) INDENTURE. A mortgage, mortgage indenture, mortgage and trust indenture, or trust indenture executed by an authority as security for any of its bonds.
(14) MUNICIPALITY. Any city or town incorporated under the laws of the State of Alabama.
(15) PERSON. The state, a municipality, a county, any political subdivision or agency of the state or any county or municipality, a public corporation, or any private corporation, individual, partnership, trust, or foundation.
(16) PROJECT. Any land and interest therein, including forests, rivers, streams, waterways, and lakes, and any buildings or other improvements thereon, and all real and personal properties deemed necessary in connection therewith, whether or not now in existence, which shall be suitable for a public park, including, without limitation, any park that constitutes or includes a water theme park, an amusement park or any comparable entertainment facility, a playground or other recreational or athletic facility, and all buildings, facilities, and improvements incident thereto or useful in connection therewith, including, without limitation, picnic areas, campsites, trailer sites, cabins, lodges, roads, and trails for hiking, bicycling, or horseback riding, nature trails, botanical gardens, zoos, museums, athletic fields, golf courses, tennis, handball and badminton courts, public restroom facilities, boats, rides, amusement facilities, bowling alleys, skeet, trap, rifle, and archery ranges, gymnasiums, swimming pools, bathhouses, beaches, docks and marinas, boating facilities, areas and facilities for fishing and hunting, areas and facilities for aquatic entertainment and sports, stadiums, coliseums, arenas, grandstands, auditoriums, meeting halls, pavilions, centers for cultural entertainment, music, drama, exhibitions and exhibits, amphitheaters, administrative building, and sports, gift, and souvenir shops. This term shall not include any facility or location for casino gambling or any other game of chance.
(17) STATE. The State of Alabama.
(18) SUBDIVISION. Any county or municipality.