Any city in this state having a population of 34,000 or more according to the last federal decennial or any subsequent federal census is hereby authorized:
(1) To plan, establish, develop, acquire, construct, enlarge, improve, maintain, equip, operate, regulate, and protect parking facilities;
(2) To finance the cost of parking facilities in whole or in part by the issuance of bonds, warrants, notes, or other evidences of indebtedness;
(3) To pledge to the payment thereof its full faith and credit and any taxes, licenses, or revenues which the city may then be authorized to pledge to the payment of bonded or other indebtedness;
(4) To lease or let parking facilities or any one or more of them to such tenant or tenants, for such period and such compensation or rental and on such conditions as the governing body may prescribe;
(5) To fix, establish, collect, and alter parking fees, tolls, rents, and other charges for the use of any parking facility;
(6) To make and enforce rules and regulations governing the use of any parking facility owned or controlled by the city; and
(7) To execute such contracts and other instruments and to take such other action as may be necessary or convenient in connection with parking facilities.