Section 11-48-101

Petition of tenant in common for division of assessment among joint owners of property.

When assessments are made for public improvements against property owned by tenants in common and one or more of the tenants in common to the property assessed desires that said assessments be paid, he may file a petition with the governing body of such municipality praying that such assessment may be split or divided among the tenants in common to said property.

(Acts 1919, No. 61, p. 65; Code 1923, §2245; Code 1940, T. 37, §575.)