Section 11-48-43

Appeals from judgment of circuit court - By property owner - Authorized; bonds.

An appeal may be taken to the Supreme Court of Alabama by any person interested in said property from the judgment entered by the circuit court within 42 days from the date of entry of such judgment, upon giving bond for costs of appeal or, if a stay of execution of the judgment is desired, upon giving further bond in such sum as the judge of the circuit court may prescribe, payable to the city or town with sufficient sureties, to be approved by the clerk of said court, conditioned to pay such judgment or perform such judgment as the supreme court may render in the action, and all such costs and damages as the city or town may have sustained if the judgment is affirmed.

(Code 1907, §1396; Code 1923, §2211; Acts 1927, No. 639, p. 753; Code 1940, T. 37, §552.)