Section 11-49-62

Issuance of bonds to pay proportionate share of cost of highway, street, etc.

Any city or town proceeding under Section 11-49-60 may issue bonds of the city or town for the improvements mentioned in said section to pay the cost of such public improvements agreed to be paid by said city or town, and may contract with the United States, the State of Alabama, or any county thereof or either of them to build or construct such streets, highways, or avenues and to pay either of them therefor in the same manner as private contractors are now paid.

(Acts 1919, No. 760, p. 1122; Code 1923, §2253; Code 1940, T. 37, §658.)