As security for payment of the principal of and the interest on bonds issued or obligations assumed by it, the authority may do the following:
(1) Enter into a contract or contracts binding itself for the proper application of the proceeds of bonds and other funds, for the continued operation and maintenance of any transit system owned by it, or any part of the system.
(2) Impose and collect reasonable rates for any service furnished by the system.
(3) Promulgate rules and regulations respecting any service furnished by the system.
(4) Provide for the disposition and application of its gross revenues received by the system.
(5) Do any act or series of acts not inconsistent with this chapter for the protection of the bonds and other obligations being secured by the authority.
(6) Assure that the revenues derived from the system, when added to all other moneys of the authority, will be sufficient to operate and maintain the system in good repair and in good operating condition.
(7) Pay the principal and the interest on any bonds payable from the revenue, and maintain the reserve for the protection of the bonds, the efficient operation of the system, and the making of replacements and capital improvements for the system.
Any contract pursuant to this section may be set forth in any resolution of the board authorizing the issuance of bonds or the assumption of obligations or in any mortgage and deed of trust, or trust indenture made by the authority.