When used in this article, the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings, respectively, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) MUNICIPALITY. Any incorporated city or town in the State of Alabama.
(2) GOVERNING BODY. The council, commission, or other governing body of such municipality.
(3) MAYOR. The mayor, president, or chairman of the commission or other chief executive officer of such municipality.
(4) GAS TRANSMISSION SYSTEM. A plant and system for the manufacture, transmission, delivery, and transportation of natural or manufactured gas, together with all appurtenances thereto and all property, real, personal, or mixed, used or useful in connection therewith, including franchises and easements. Such gas transmission system shall include facilities for making sales and deliveries of gas to industrial and institutional users and to line tap residential and commercial users as well as to gas distribution systems.
(5) GAS DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM. A plant and system for the distribution and sale of gas and gas services in a municipality and the surrounding territory, including the sale and distribution of gas to residential, commercial, industrial, institutional, and all other users, together with all appurtenances thereto and all property, real, personal, or mixed, used or useful in connection therewith, including franchises and easements. A gas distribution system may make sales and deliveries of gas to other distribution systems.
(6) GAS SYSTEM AND SYSTEMS. One or more gas transmission systems and one or more gas distribution systems.
(7) RESOLUTION. A resolution adopted by a majority vote of a quorum present of the governing body of a municipality. All resolutions of a general or permanent nature adopted or promulgated by the governing body of a municipality under the provisions of this article shall be published in a newspaper of general circulation in the municipality, but if no newspaper is published within the limits of such municipality, such resolution may be published by posting a copy thereof in three public places within the limits of the municipality.