In addition to all other rights and all other remedies, any holder or holders of any bond or bonds of any district incorporated under this article, including a trustee for a bondholder, shall have the right, subject to any contractual limitation binding upon such bondholder or holders or trustee and subject to the prior or superior rights of others:
(1) To bring an action on the bonds;
(2) To enforce its rights against the district and the board of directors, by mandamus or other civil action or proceeding, including the right to require the district and such board to fix and collect rates and charges adequate to carry out any agreement as to or pledge of the revenues produced by such rates or charges and to require such district and such board to carry out the other covenants and agreements with such bondholder and to perform its and their duties under this article and under any mortgage, indenture of trust or contract;
(3) To require such district by civil action to account as if it were the trustee of an express trust for such bondholder;
(4) To enjoin by civil action any act or things which may be unlawful or a violation of the rights of such bondholder; and
(5) To obtain by civil action or proceeding in any court of competent jurisdiction in the event of the default by the district in the payment when due of his or their bond or bonds or interest thereon, which default shall have continued for a period in excess of 60 days, or default in the performance of any other covenants or obligations of the district, which default shall have continued for a period of 60 days after notice to cure such default, the appointment of a receiver for the gas system or systems of the district, which receiver may enter and take possession of such system or systems or any part or parts thereof, including all property, land, property rights, easements, franchises, books, records, papers, accounts and other adjuncts of the system or systems of the district and may operate and maintain such gas system or systems, fix and collect all rates and charges and receive all revenues thereafter arising therefrom in the same manner as such district itself might do and shall deposit all moneys in a separate account or accounts and apply the same in accordance with the obligations of such district and as the court shall direct.