Section 11-50-52

Extension or alteration of sewer system, etc.

Any city or town may extend or alter its sewer system and extend the mains whenever in the opinion of the city or town it may be necessary or expedient to do so, and such city or town may extend the mains to any point in the county in which it is situated, and for these purposes, the said city or town shall have and exercise the full rights of eminent domain and may acquire such lands or easements therein and the uses of such waterways as may be necessary by the proceedings provided by law for acquiring private property for public uses.

(Code 1907, §1292; Code 1923, §2050; Code 1940, T. 37, §603.)