(a) To become a public corporation, the individuals designated as the first members of the election committee described in Section 11-50A-6(b)(1) shall, immediately before the first meeting of the election committee provided in Section 11-50A-6, present to the Secretary of State of the state an application signed by them as applicants which shall set forth:
(1) The name, official designation, if any, and residence of each of the applicants;
(2) The date on which each applicant was designated a member of the election committee;
(3) The name of the proposed corporation, which shall be the Alabama Municipal Electric Authority;
(4) The location of the principal office of the proposed corporation, which shall be in the City of Montgomery, Montgomery County; and
(5) Any other matter relating to the incorporation of the authority which the applicants may choose to insert and which is not inconsistent with this chapter or the laws of the state.
(b) The application shall be signed and sworn to by each of the applicants before an officer authorized by the laws of this state to take acknowledgments to deeds.
(c) The Secretary of State shall examine the application; and, if he finds that it substantially complies with the requirements of this section, he shall receive and file it and record it in an appropriate book of records in his office.