Wherever used in this article, unless a different meaning clearly appears in the context, the following terms shall be given the following respective meanings:
(1) GOVERNING BODY. The board or body in which the legislative powers of the municipality are vested.
(2) MORTGAGE. A mortgage or a mortgage and indenture of trust.
(3) MUNICIPALITY. Any incorporated city or town in the State of Alabama.
(4) NATIONAL ORGANIZATION.
a. Any regional, national, or international association or organization, one or more of the purposes or objects of which shall consist of one or more of the following:
1. The promotion of patriotism or good citizenship;
2. The development of civic pride or consciousness;
3. The improvement of trade, business, professional, or economic conditions; or
4. The promotion of health, safety, conservation, community beautification, or community welfare.
b. The membership of such regional, national, or international association or organization shall include:
1. Persons, firms, or corporations residing or domiciled in not less than 12 of the states of the United States, including at least two such members residing or domiciled in the State of Alabama, or
2. Local organizations or clubs with like objects or purposes situated in not less than 12 of the states of the United States, including at least two such organizations or clubs situated in the State of Alabama.
c. The location of the membership of any national organization shall be conclusively established by the certificate of the chief executive officer and the secretary of the national organization filed with the municipality and stating facts which show that such membership satisfies the requirements of this definition.
(5) PROJECT. A building or buildings for the supplying of offices, storage, or related facilities for a national organization, together with any lands or interests in lands deemed by the municipality to be desirable in connection therewith.