(a) Prior to the leasing of any project, the governing body must determine and find the following:
(1) The amount necessary in each year to pay the principal of and the interest on the bonds proposed to be issued to finance such project;
(2) The amount necessary to be paid each year into any reserve funds which the governing body may deem it advisable to establish in connection with the retirement of the proposed bonds and the maintenance of the project; and
(3) The estimated cost of maintaining the project in good repair and keeping it properly insured, unless the terms under which the project is to be leased provide that the lessee shall maintain the project and carry all proper insurance with respect thereto.
(b) The determinations and findings of the governing body required to be made by subsection (a) of this section shall be set forth in the proceedings under which the proposed bonds are to be issued and, prior to the issuance of such bonds, the municipality shall lease the project to a lessee under an agreement providing for payment to the municipality of such rentals as upon the basis of such determinations and findings will be sufficient:
(1) To pay the principal of and interest on the bonds issued to finance the project;
(2) To build up and maintain any reserves deemed by the governing body to be advisable in connection therewith; and
(3) To pay the costs of maintaining the project in good repair and keeping it properly insured, unless the agreement of lease obligates the lessee to pay for the maintenance and insurance of the project.