Wherever used in this division, unless a different meaning clearly appears in the context, the following terms shall be given the following respective meanings:
(1) INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT BOARD or BOARD. Any industrial development board organized pursuant to the provisions of this division.
(2) MUNICIPALITY. Any incorporated city or town in this state with respect to which an industrial development board may be organized.
a. Any land and any building or other improvement thereon and all real and personal properties deemed necessary in connection therewith, whether or not now in existence, which shall be suitable for use by any one of the following or by any combination of two or more thereof:
1. Any industry for the manufacturing, processing or assembling of any agricultural, manufactured or mineral products.
2. Any commercial enterprise in storing, warehousing, or distributing any products of agriculture, mining, or industry, or providing hotel, motor inn services, specifically excluding public dormitories or student housing facilities for institutions of higher learning, including food or lodging services or both.
3. Any commercial enterprise providing linen rental services (including laundry and cleaning services related or incidental thereto) primarily to industries and commercial enterprises described in either of the preceding subparagraphs 1 and 2 and to institutions such as hospitals, nursing homes, other health care facilities and educational and training institutions.
4. Any enterprise for the purpose of research in connection with any of the following:
i. Any of the foregoing.
ii. The development of new products or new processes.
iii. The improvement of existing products or known processes.
iv. The development of facilities for the exploration of outer space or promotion of the national defense.
5. Any utility for the production of electricity by water power. In connection with a project described in this paragraph, "project" does not include facilities designed for the sale or distribution to the public of electricity, gas, water, or telephone, or other services commonly classified as public utilities.
6. Any commercial enterprise engaged in banking and specifically shall include bank holding companies.
b. Any project may consist of or include any facility necessary or appropriate for use by any industry or enterprise of the character described in the first sentence of this subdivision, including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing:
1. Office facilities designed for use by any industry or enterprise not only in connection with its operation in this state, but also for use by it as national, regional, or divisional offices in the management and supervision of its manufacturing, processing, assembling, storing, warehousing, distributing, selling, or research operations, wherever located.
2. Facilities for or useful in the control, reduction, abatement, or prevention of pollution of air or water or both.
c. This amendment, Acts 1983, No. 83-199, does not pertain to restaurants or food service operations which are not a part of hotels or motor inns mentioned above.
(4) GOVERNING BODY. The board or body in which the general legislative powers of the municipality are vested.