Each corporation formed under this chapter shall have the following powers, together with all the powers incidental thereto or necessary to the discharge thereof in corporate form:
(1) To have succession by its corporate name for the period specified in the certificate of incorporation (which may be in perpetuity) unless sooner dissolved as provided in this chapter.
(2) To sue and be sued and prosecute and defend civil actions in any court having jurisdiction of the subject matter and of the parties.
(3) To have and use a corporate seal and to alter it at pleasure.
(4) To acquire, whether by purchase, exchange, lease, construction, or otherwise one or more medical clinics and any necessary or desirable clinical facilities.
a. Any municipal medical clinic shall be located either within the corporate limits of the municipality or within 15 miles of the corporate limits, but not within the corporate limits or police jurisdiction of any other municipality, unless the other municipality shall by resolution adopted by its governing body consent to the location within its police jurisdiction.
b. A county medical clinic shall be located within the county in which it is incorporated.
c. No municipal or county medical clinic shall be located outside of the county in which the board is incorporated, unless the governing body of the other county by resolution consents to the location within its boundaries.
(5) To improve, enlarge, maintain, equip, and furnish one or more medical clinics and any necessary or desirable clinical facilities.
(6) To lease to others one or more medical clinics or parts of clinics and any clinical facilities, to charge and collect rent therefor, to terminate any lease upon the failure of the lessee to comply with any of the lease obligations, and to grant options to renew or extend any lease upon terms and conditions as the board of directors may determine. No lease shall extend beyond the last maturity of any bonds issued by the medical clinic board or 60 years from the date of the lease, whichever is the longer, and no option to renew shall permit the extension of any lease beyond that period.
(7) To sell, exchange, and convey, to contract to sell, exchange, or convey, and to grant options to any lessee to acquire any medical clinic and any clinical facilities and any or all of its properties whenever its board of directors finds it to be in furtherance of the purpose for which the corporation was organized.
(8) To borrow money and to issue its bonds for the purpose of carrying out any of its powers.
(9) To mortgage and pledge any one or more of its medical clinics and any or all of its clinical facilities or any part or parts thereof, whether then owned or thereafter acquired, and to pledge the revenues, rentals, and receipts therefrom or from any part thereof as security for the payment of the principal and interest on any bonds issued and any agreements made in connection therewith.
(10) To enter into contracts and agreements or to do any act necessary for or incidental to the performance of the duties and the execution of its powers under this chapter.
(11) To accept gifts, money, or property, including one or more medical clinics and clinical facilities, from any source whatsoever, subject to any conditions the board of directors approves.
(12) To appoint and employ those officers and agents, including attorneys, as its business requires.
(13) To provide for any insurance its board of directors deems advisable.