Any town or city in this state is hereby authorized:
(1) To plan, establish, develop, acquire, construct, enlarge, improve, maintain, equip, operate, regulate, and protect parking facilities;
(2) To finance the cost of parking facilities in whole or in part by the issuance of bonds, warrants, notes, or other evidences of indebtedness maturing at such time or times as the governing body may determine, not exceeding 30 years from their respective dates;
(3) To pledge to the payment thereof its full faith and credit and any taxes, licenses, or revenues which the town or city may then be authorized to pledge to the payment of bonded or other indebtedness;
(4) To lease or let parking facilities or any one or more of them to such tenant or tenants, for such period and such compensation or rental and on such conditions as the governing body may prescribe;
(5) To fix, establish, collect, and alter parking fees, tolls, rents, and other charges for the use of any parking facility;
(6) To make and enforce rules and regulations governing the use of any parking facility owned or controlled by a town or city; and
(7) To execute such contracts and other instruments and to take such other action as may be necessary or convenient in connection with parking facilities.