(a) The proceeds derived from the sale of any bonds, other than refunding bonds, may be used exclusively to pay the cost of acquiring, constructing, improving, enlarging, and equipping the parking facilities or property with respect to which they were issued, as may be specified in the proceedings in which the bonds are authorized to be issued. The cost includes any of the following:
(1) The cost of any land forming a part of the facilities.
(2) The cost of labor, materials, and supplies used in any construction, improvement, or enlargement, including architects' and engineers' fees and the cost of preparing contract documents and advertising for bids.
(3) The purchase price of and the cost of installing equipment for the facilities.
(4) The cost of landscaping the lands forming a part of the facilities and of constructing and installing roads, sidewalks, curbs, gutters, and utilities in connection with the facilities.
(5) Legal, fiscal, and recording fees and expenses incurred in connection with the facilities.
(6) Interest on the bonds for a reasonable period before and during the time required for the construction and equipment and for not exceeding 18 months after completion of the construction and equipment.
(b) If any of the proceeds derived from the sale of the bonds remains undisbursed after completion of the work and payment of all of the costs and expenses, the balance shall be used for retirement of the principal of the bonds of the same issue.