Any procedure adopted by the municipality for the abatement and removal of inoperable motor vehicles as public nuisances shall include, but is not limited to, the following:
(1) A provision requiring notice to be sent by certified mail to the last registered owner of record, and notice to all other interested parties by securely affixing to the vehicle notice that a hearing may be requested and that if no hearing is requested, the inoperable motor vehicle will be removed.
(2) A provision requiring that if a request for a hearing is received, a notice giving the time, location, and date of the hearing on the question of abatement and removal of the inoperable motor vehicle as a public nuisance shall be mailed by certified mail, with a five-day return receipt, to the person requesting the hearing.
(3) A provision that the abatement procedure shall not apply to an inoperable motor vehicle that is completely enclosed within a building in a lawful manner where it is not visible from the street or other private property or a motor vehicle that is stored or parked in a lawful manner on private property in connection with the business of an automobile dealer, wholesaler, repairman, or wrecker service for repair or sale.
(4) A provision with a list of names of persons or private contractors, or both, who will perform the work of removing the vehicle.
(5) A provision that the municipality, upon removal, may dispose of the inoperable motor vehicle by sealed bid or auction as adopted by the municipality and the procedure for the sale of the abandoned motor vehicle subject to the rights of any secured party or other holder of a recorded or registered security interest or lien on the motor vehicle who has requested a hearing and verified the existence of the security interest or lien within the time permitted by the procedure adopted by the municipality.
(6) A provision that the owner of the land on which the vehicle is located may remove the vehicle at his or her own expense prior to the removal of the vehicle by the municipality.