Any authority formed pursuant to this chapter shall have the following powers, in addition to those stated elsewhere in this chapter:
(1) To enter into competitively bid contracts and agreements affecting the infrastructure projects of the district.
(2) To hold public meetings with proper advertisement and notice to affected and adjacent property owners.
(3) To acquire, construct, install, and operate projects and all property, rights, or interests incidental or pertinent thereto; provided, however, that nothing in this chapter shall authorize an authority to construct, own, or operate a system for the generation, transmission, or distribution of electric power, cable television, or Internet system, or telecommunications utility or to be in the business of providing electric energy, cable television, Internet, or telecommunications services.
(4) To have the management, control, and supervision of all the business and affairs of the district, and of the acquisition, construction, installation, and operation of projects therein until completed and formal dedication is accepted by the city.
(5) To enter into contracts with one or more owners of property within the authority relating to the acquisition, construction, or installation of improvements. Without limitation, contracts may require owners in the boundaries of the authority to connect their properties with gas, water, or sewer mains, utilities, or other services in the streets in front of, at the rear of, or otherwise adjacent or near to their properties prior to the paving or final paving of roads on which their properties front. Any infrastructure projects or improvements requiring installations, construction, or service by, or contracts with, an electric utility shall be subject to and in accordance with the applicable rules and regulations of the Public Service Commission, including without limitation the rules governing reimbursement to the utility for the cost of installing electric facilities underground.
(6) To contract on a competitively bid basis with any licensed contractor for the purpose of providing any materials or any work with respect to the acquisition, installation, or construction of infrastructure projects.
(7) To purchase liability and other forms of insurance.
(8) To adopt and amend bylaws not in conflict with this chapter or the laws of this state.
(9) To enter into contracts and agreements with any landowner, owner, or any other person concerning the installation, construction, or acquisition of infrastructure projects, assessment of the costs thereof, the waiver or limitation of legal rights, or any other matters concerning the authority or projects within the boundaries of the authority.
(10) To have and exercise all rights and powers necessary or incidental to or implied from the specific powers granted in this chapter. A specific power shall not be considered as a limitation upon any power that is necessary, useful, or appropriate to carry out the purposes and intent of this chapter.
(11) To take official action with respect to the reimbursement of costs associated with infrastructure projects.
(12) To enter into professional contracts and agreements and other instruments, and to take other actions as may be necessary or convenient to accomplish any purpose for which an authority is organized or to exercise any power expressly granted hereunder.