When used in this article, the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings, respectively, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) GOVERNMENTAL UNIT. Counties and municipalities.
(2) GOVERNING BODY. The chief legislative body of a governmental unit.
(3) MUNICIPALITY. Cities or towns.
(4) REGION. All the geographical area contained within the aggregate territorial limits of all governmental units participating in a regional planning and development commission as provided in this article.
(5) DISTRICT. A geographical area designated by the Governor as provided in this article.