When used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) ARTICLES. The articles of incorporation or articles of reincorporation of an authority.
(2) AUTHORITY. A public corporation incorporated or reincorporated pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
(3) BOARD OF DIRECTORS. The board of directors of an authority.
(4) BOND or BONDS. A bond or bonds issued under this chapter.
(5) COUNTY OF INCORPORATION. The county in which an authority has been or is proposed to be incorporated or reincorporated.
(6) DIRECTORS. The members of the board of directors.
(7) INCORPORATORS. The natural persons filing a written application for the incorporation or reincorporation of an authority pursuant to this chapter.
(8) MUNICIPALITY. Any municipal corporation wholly or partially within the county of incorporation.
(9) PARTICIPATING MUNICIPALITY. Any municipality named in the articles that elects to participate in the incorporation or reincorporation of the authority.
(10) PERSON. Unless limited to a natural person by the context in which it is used, any person, including, without limitation, a private firm, a private association, a corporation, and a public person.
(11) PROBATE JUDGE. The judge of probate of the county of incorporation of an authority.
(12) PROJECT. Any land and any buildings or other improvements thereon, and all real, personal, and mixed properties deemed by an authority to be necessary or appropriate in connection therewith, whether or not now in existence, which shall be suitable for park or recreation purposes. The determination of an authority that a proposed use is within this definition shall be conclusive.
(13) PUBLIC PERSON. The state and any county, municipal corporation, public corporation, agency, subdivision thereof, instrumentality thereof, or similar person.